Long before turning her attention to interior design, Della harbored a fascination with creative environments. Growing up in the suburbs of the Pacific Northwest, she developed a great sense of appreciation for the serenity and beauty of her surroundings. She found herself drawn to the sense of emotion that a particular environment could provide both indoors and out. She found satisfaction in being a part of creative environments so in the early 90's, Della began remodeling homes. It was her experience with her physical surroundings that transferred her energy into interior design.
Going on to earn her degree in Interior Design with the International Academy of Design & Technology in 2008, Della has been dedicated to this path ever since. Her extensive travels throughout Europe, Asia and South America inspired a global awareness & unique approach to design.
A move to Orange County in 2011 allowed Della to plant roots into a new design market and to further develop herself as a designer. She accepted a position at Design Within Reach where she met her future design partner, Emily.
A competitive figure skater in her youth, Emily’s love for interior design began from a young age as her family moved around the U.S. so she could train. With each move came a new home (8 of them!) and it was her Mother’s attention to design and detail that fostered Emily's passion for art, interiors and creative environments.
After an injury ended Emily’s prospective figure skating career she was able to focus on her artistic goals and found herself at Savannah College of Art and Design where she earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Interior Design in 2007.
After spending time in NYC working for various design firms, Emily moved back to Orange County and eventually accepted a position at Design Within Reach where she met Della.
As coworkers they immersed themselves into the Southern California design market and discovered their common interest and the ways in which their unique backgrounds and experiences truly complement one another. Together they have created Maison Blue Design Group and look forward to implementing their individual experiences to help clients find the inspiration and serenity they are looking for within their own surroundings.
What does it mean to be a member of the NKBA?
The National Kitchen & Bath Association has been leading the kitchen and bath industry for nearly 50 years. With nearly 40,000 members across the United States and Canada, the NKBA requires professionalism and ethical business practices from all its members.
When you buy a product or service from a business that's a member of the National Kitchen & Bath Association, you know that company has agreed to be bound by the NKBA's code of professional conduct, which requires that the company will:
- Conduct its business in a manner that's honorable and fair to customers.
- Avoid conflicts of interest by accepting payment from only one party in a transaction, except with the express consent of all parties.
- Never make false or misleading statements to consumers, employees, or other businesses.
- Disclose all interest charges and other fees to consumers up front.
- Help customers to understand and receive all the products and services entitled to them in the sales agreement.
- Offer services without prejudice to age, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, handicap, or veteran status.
- Refrain from using any questionable methods of soliciting business.
- Cooperate with other industry members for the good of the customer.
By choosing to do business with a member of the NKBA, you've chosen to work with a company that's dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services for the kitchen or bath.